Farewell Destiny

Will be removed.
Forum rules
This forum is reserved for announcements, event information and forum-wide stickies. Users may reply to posts but may not make new threads.

Postby admin » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:23 pm

Today is a very sad day for ROOT Gaming. Steven Bonell II also known as Destiny and ROOT will part ways. This is probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do while being the leader of ROOT Gaming, but management (myself included) decided it is for the greater good of the team in the long run.
Destiny isn't being released because we think he is a racist, or because we think any of the things that haters make him out to be are true. In my opinion, Destiny is a genuine, outspoken and sincere person, a very good friend; one of my best friends, and I have a lot of respect for him in every regard. We don't agree on everything, but he is one of the first people I would go to if I needed advice on any grounds.

ROOT is a team based on friendship, and we honestly hate to go against this for the first time, but at the same time for what we believe is the greater good for everyone else in the team in the long run.
In the last incident that Steven was involved in not long ago, our sponsors received a lot of negative feedback through e-mail about the whole situation, when it comes to Steven, we know that this isn't the first or the last time this will happen. The Chatlog wasn't pretty and it brought us a lot of negative publicity. It also, obviously, doesn’t reflect the opinions of our entire team and even though I believe it’s just silly talk between friends and it should be a private matter, we can't remotely agree or celebrate some of the things said in it, for this reason, TT1 and Fayth are receiving a warning and will be suspended from participating in clanwars and internal team activities for a month or more.
As a team that is trying to grow and become a respectable organization in a growing industry; a team that was created and is ran by professional gamers, situations like this hurt us and our future chances of success. Our current sponsors were very understanding of the situation and for that I thank them. But that is not to say doors won't close in the future because of previous incidents. If you've ever worked in a restaurant, say, as a waiter, you will know how much bigger of a deal it is to have negative feedback and someone telling the manager or writing a letter to the ownership of the restaurant about you being a crappy waiter than to have someone commend you on how great you are doing.

We release Steven today because there are 25+ people working hard every day to make ROOT grow and we don't want their efforts to be in vain. We release Destiny today because as selfish as it may sound, I'd rather release Steven today than disband our team tomorrow due to lack of financial support.
Steven remains a close friend of mine and everyone on the team, we will always continue to ROOT for him and his success in every regard. But he is no longer, officially a part of ROOT. I want to apologize to the many fans who will not like this decision and I just hope you can at least, like Steven, understand it.
admin
Site Admin

Postby NomZter » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:19 pm

Well, this sucks, even though Destiny is the main reason i became a fan of ROOT, i will still remain a fan of both ROOT and Destiny.
NomZter

Postby Joofro92 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:20 pm

Best of luck to Steven. Hard decision, but it was the best thing for the team :/
Image Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.
-Albert Einstein
Joofro92

Postby cchily13 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:21 pm

Could someone just explain what happened? I heard some things going around but I never really got the full story. But this is really terrible that whatever happened had to come to this it sucks to see a group of friends have to kick someone out like this :(
"A real warrior doesn't dash off after the next victory, nor throw a fit when experiencing a loss. A real warrior ponders the next battle."-Elite Four Grimsley
cchily13

Postby Koun7erfit » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:30 pm

Hard decision Catz, sucks to see this happen.
Koun7erfit

Postby DarthCaesar » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:35 pm

what happened? =[
DarthCaesar

Postby Harbinger631 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:41 pm

I was very sad to see this news. Destiny is one of my favorite players, and is the person who really got me interested in the SC2 scene. He's so genuine, and is very well-spoken when he wants to be. I thought he was the perfect fit for ROOT.

Sorry to see ROOT let go my favorite player on the team, but I understand.
Harbinger631

Postby coneroll » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:42 pm

that sucks :(
the submarines radio in pandora!
coneroll

Postby Fruttis » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:54 pm

As a big fan of ROOT, I'm really sad about that annoucement, I'm really curious what happened between ROOT and Steven.
Fruttis

Postby Vash » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:57 pm

I really hate people that go to sponsors for no reason. They should be shot dead.
Vash

Next

Return to Events and Announcements